According to the world health organization, dengue fever is one of the fastest emerging infections and is currently the most rapidly spreading viral disease know.
- The assay detects DENV serotypes 1,2,3 or 4 from human serum or plasma collected from human patients with signs and symptoms consistent with dengue infection.
- Any person presenting with symptoms within a week consistent with acute dengue infection or dengue fever including fever, headaches, joint and muscle pain, fatigue nausea, vomiting, rash, and Hemorrhagic manifestations.
- DENV RNA is detectable in serum from 1-7 days post symptom onset. A positive PCR test is confirmatory of DENV infection. A negative PCR test does not exclude infection as viremia decreases over time and must be followed up with serological testing.
- High sensitivity; DENV RNA is detectable in serum once the symptom onset;
- Open system: Suitable for most real-time PCR thermo cyclers and nucleic acid extraction.